Management Development: Creating Leaders at all Levels
According to the Center for Creative Leadership (2009), many managers have voiced the concern that the talent they have is not the talent they need. Businesses, governmental agencies and non-profit organizations are all in need of leaders who can successfully navigate the rapidly changing world of work. However, merely promoting the most technically proficient employees does not adequately prepare them for their new roles and challenges.
Purdue Northwest’s College of Business can help. Our highly skilled faculty can facilitate a number of leadership development workshops designed specifically for your group. Our custom program typically includes numerous three hour modules that address your most pressing needs. Central to this process is an active, problem-solving approach that incorporates your real issues at hand. The program of study includes:
- Identification of objectives most applicable to the needs of the client, not only enhancing the growth of each individual but teamwork within the organization as well. All topics listed are available for customization.
- Presentation of contemporary theory and practice, combined with facilitation of small group discussion, action, reflection and reporting back by the participants.
- Facilitators with advanced degrees in their field as well as real world experience.
- Utilization of an iterative process to reinforce learning and ensure application on the job. All too often, participants return from training and get swept back up into their daily routines. Throughout our series, participants are held accountable for application. Reflection and “follow-up” is a part of the process.
- Client-centered approach to learning that incorporates the client organization’s standards and policies
- Interactive class assignments and exercises for practical application using common workplace scenarios. With reinforced new knowledge and skills, participants see the relevance and immediate application of instruction to their worksite and are encouraged by the results that emerge from their own involvement and efforts.
Custom Topics from A-Z
- Appreciative Inquiry
- Change Management
- Coaching for Success
- Communication Part 2: Refining Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Corrective Action
- Emotional Intelligence
- Financial Management Series
- Hiring the Best, Parts 1 & 2
- Human Resource Essentials
- Improving Quality and Productivity: People, Process, and Data-informed Practice
- Leadership and Effective Followership
- Managing Time at Work
- Meetings That Work
- Performance Management
- Project Management
- Reward & Recognition
- Servant Leadership
- Sexual Harassment Awareness
- Strategic Financial Planning and Cost Concepts and Decision Making
- True Colors
- Workplace Violence