The Commercialization and Manufacturing Excellence Center (CMEC) helps prospective innovators and entrepreneurs in two areas…
- One-on-one consulting with CMEC Entrepreneur in Residence to facilitate Purdue Northwest resources in the following areas (to be funded by the client, as needed);
- Market/Product research;
- Business Plan/Executive Summary development/referral to ISBDC;
- Business pitch/presentation development;
- Prototype (Conceptual) development;
- Intellectual property protection;
- Familiarity with the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program.
To facilitate above items, CMEC regularly offers the following events;
- Intellectual Property Legal Aid;
- 1 Million Cups;
- Founders Hours;
- Workshops on small business development;
- Workshops on Small Business Innovation research (SBIR) funding.
- Market survey report of 100 potential customers;
- Evidence of uniqueness, or a competitive advantage over competing products;
- A functional prototype design or plan;
- A Viable Business Plan or an Executive Summary;
- Evidence of patentability/copyright etc. (if available);
- Evidence of initial marketing/selling of the product (if available).
Once approved as a sponsored project, the following activities will be pursued;
- Sign SAFE agreement between CMEC and Client;
- Develop/Improve functional prototype (if needed);
- Prior Art Search, Provisional or Utility Patent application (if needed);
- Development of SBIR grant application;
- Pilot manufacturing to validate commercial production viability and scalability;
- Present the product to prospective investors/customers.