The Center for Career Management offers several dozen events throughout the semester, including workshops on various topics, and employer recruiting events. Subscribe to the feed below to get notifications about upcoming events!
Participation Agreement: Recruiting Event No Show Policy
A recruiting event is defined as any event or program held on or off campus where students have the opportunity to interact with PNW employer partners.
When you fail to notify the Center for Career Management that you will not attend or do not appear for a recruiting event for which you have registered, your actions reflect poorly on you as an individual and on the University as a whole. Not only do you inconvenience the Center for Career Management and the employer, but you may also deprive another student of a valuable networking and learning opportunity. These situations, if unchecked may also have more serious implications on the University’s relationships with employers overall.
Therefore, The Center for Career Management treats these incidents seriously and advises you to take special note of the following Event No Show Policy.
Event No Show Policy
- Students must email email@example.com or call either (219) 989-2595 or (219) 989-2218 and leave a voicemail if you do not directly speak with a CCM staff member.
- Students are required to give two (2) business days or 48 hours notice to cancel their reserved spot for the event.
- It is your responsibility to speak personally (via email or phone) with a CCM staff member and explain why you will not be attending the event.
Sudden Illness or Serious Personal Emergency on Day of Event
Students are expected to contact The Center for Career Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (219) 989-2595 or (219) 989-2218 prior to the start of the event.
If you miss an event that you reserved a spot for:
- Your Handshake account, and all other online career services platforms offered by The Center for Career Management will be suspended.
- You must provide a detailed explanation to the Center for Career Management as to why you missed the event.
- The discussion and your reason for missing the event will determine whether or not your file will be reactivated and if you will have the opportunity access career services in the future.