CLEP® (College Level Examination Program):
CLEP exams evaluate non-traditional college-level education, such as independent study, correspondence work, experiential learning or credit earned at a non-regionally accredited institution. The CLEP® exam is a 90-minute, computerized exam that, if successfully passed, allows students to receive college credit in a particular course. This service is provided for anyone wanting to receive college credits through CLEP®.
Purdue Northwest Equivalencies and Prior Learning Credit Policy
CLEP credit may be established by taking the subject matter examinations shown and having an official score report sent with the qualifying exam and score to the Office of Admissions. (General examinations credit is not accepted.) Please note that not all CLEP exams offered through College Board have equivalencies through Purdue University Northwest.
Information about the CLEP® can be obtained at by visiting the College Board web site at http://clep.collegeboard.org/. Students can download the “Information for Candidates” booklet for important CLEP® information as well as view testing preparation resources.
Taking the CLEP® at the Testing Services Center:
All test takers must register with CLEP and prepay their exam fees through the online self-serve registration system at the following link: https://clepportal.collegeboard.org/myaccount. Any questions regarding My Account or the CLEP Exam Registration Ticket can be referred to CLEP Services at (800) 257-9558, (609) 771-7865, or email@example.com.
- Create an account
- Register for the CLEP test of your choice.
- During the exam registration process, you may indicate Purdue University Hammond as your preferred test center. Selecting a preferred test center does not reserve a space or guarantee an appointment at the test center. Candidates must contact the Testing Services Center at 219-989-2504 to schedule an appointment to test. Once registration is complete, print registration ticket and bring to the testing center on the day of the test. A CLEP registration is valid for six months; the expiration date will be printed on the ticket.
Call the Testing Services Center at Purdue University Hammond at 219-989-2504 to schedule an appointment. Our general business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. There may be specific date/time windows during which we offer CLEP testing.
The Testing Services Center is located in Lawshe Hall, Room 118. Please call us for directions, if needed.
On Test Day:
Please remember to bring the following items on the test day:
1) CLEP Exam Registration Ticket
2) $25.00 test administration fee, paid at Student Accounts, Lawshe Hall, Room 130.
3) Acceptable and valid photo identification. The name on the ID must exactly match the name printed on the registration ticket.
- The fee for all CLEP exams is $80.00.
- There is also a separate $25.00 non-refundable service fee payable to Purdue Hammond by credit, debit or check.
Please contact the Testing Services Center with any questions or to schedule a proctored exam at (219) 989-2504 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
DANTES (DSST) & Excelsior (ECE) Testing
The Testing Services Center is not a certified center for administration of DANTES or ECE exams; however, Purdue Northwest accepts many equivalencies for DSST or ECE exams as outlined in the equivalencies documents.